Monday 27 April 2015

Final Piece Layout


Here are the sketches I made in the making of my final piece. I really wanted to get the body to work before I started adding cloth to it. I wanted there to be a twist in the body rather than having the character just standing there in a boring stance. I also thought about what I wanted this painting to say and as the character is so awkward, I thought he could hold up a piece of his garment in a sign of pure awkwardness, as if the viewer is the painter who's frustrated with him because he keeps doing random boring posing as this is the characters response with a "maybe if I hold this up they'll stop shouting at me and it'll be over soon..."

After talks with a few people, I was told to take it a step further and get my own referencing with the cloth and it looks a bit odd up at the shoulders, so this is my next step.


No comments:

Post a Comment