Monday 9 February 2015

Self Portrait


Here is my work in progress screenshots of my self portrait. I used a picture as reference to help start me off with the initial sketch but then moved onto using a mirror as reference. 
Throughout painting this I felt quite awkward, mostly because it was a portrait of me. I don't think I got the same effect I got with my Rembrandt painting, but this does look more like a modern self portrait. 


Below is the first intial painting I did, then theres the altered one when I used the liqufi tool to help me correct some of the mistakes I made with the face. I changed it so my face isnt as long or my forehead as large, a much more rounder overall shape. 
Overall I do think that this edit has made this painting much better and I'm reasonably happy with the over all outcome of the painting. 
  


No comments:

Post a Comment