Tuesday 3 February 2015

Digital Photo Study









































Here is my digital version of my photo study of Rembrandt's self portrait. I am alot more happy with how this turned out, I'm far more comfortable with digital painting than I am with traditional.

However, I feel like I haven't learnt as much with this painting as I did with my traditional one, I do however have a new favourite brush! I feel like I need to move on from photo studies and fast if I want to develop as an artist, my fear is that I'll come to rely on images too much.


Over all I really enjoyed painting this and will take what I learned into my other projects and put it into practice as my next step will be to create a self portrait in a similar visual style as this.

No comments:

Post a Comment